I thought that at first it was going to be easy. I would just draw something up and be done with it. However, as I started thinking some of my original thoughts just didn’t work out and I didn’t like them. I just kept sketching and thinking until I came up with better ideas. It is interesting for me to look at what I started with and look at my end product. I even kind of wonder how I got there. I was just sketching some things out and that’s what happened. I enjoyed making my logo even though drawing/sketching is not one of my talents. It was challenging for me and I tried my best critique it with a critical eye until I liked the way it looked.
2. Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation.
I started off answering the questions that were on the material that you posted on line; What is the subject matter? Who is the audience? What is the purpose? I answered those questions and started thinking about what it is that makes me, me. I wrote down some words and thought that maybe I could make into a picture frame, where ME the subject matter is in the inside and the words that describe me made the frame, but I didn’t like how it was looking. So next I thought what if I hid ME in the flowers in nature. I kinds liked it, but it wasn’t exactly what I wanted. As I looked at the flower pedals I thought maybe I could write the words as the petals and as I was doing that I saw that I could make ME out of the shapes of the petals, but I thought it would be too overwhelming to make a whole flower like that. So, I looked at my sketches some more and decided that it kind of resembled a butterfly if I took away all the other petals. I tried and tried to figure out how it would work best. Then I liked the idea of just using a half of a butterfly and put the world behind it. I tried to use some of the tips the material you gave us suggested, like looking at things from a different angle, or making something that is usually small big or vice versa, or the specific use of colors. Then it just all came together, I liked the world behind it and just focused on the final product.
3. What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?
That being an artist cannot be my day job! Just kidding J I think what I learned that was most important is that it’s ok to change your mind and go in a different direction. I was so worried that it wouldn’t come out right and that my lack of artist abilities would impede the process. But, as I just started thinking it just all came together. I needed to learned that it was ok to let your mind wander and think and discover its creative side again. It was also ok to think outside the box, that art isn’t cookie cutter and being creative is what makes art so interesting to view.
4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, PowerPoint, and reading material for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?
Its hard to pick just one thing that was the most important. I learned a lot of interesting things while reviewing the material provided. I learned the difference between an icon and a symbol. An icon is an image that represents something based on resemblance and a symbol represents by association, it can depict an idea or abstract. I also learned that contrast was good and that you need to think of the visual path , hierarchy and symmetrical and asymmetrical balance when creating. I enjoyed the Graphic Design What’s in a logo video because it showed us the process of actually creating a logo. I didn’t really like the Bottled Up video because it was talking more about the bottle and making it work better than the actual logo of the brand, I didn’t find it as useful when I was creating my own logo.





Hi, this is a test comment.
ReplyDelete